Friday, March 25, 2011

Girl Scout Brownies After-school Programs



I have been helping out at the Toledo Humane Society with the Girl Scout & Brownie After school program. The young girls come after school for a Tour of the Humane society, where we talk about what we do at the Humane society to help the animals and take care of them and prepare them for adoptions. I also get to teach and talk about being a Responsible Pet owner, my platform, in which the girls enjoy learning about what an owner needs to do to take care of a new pet.

Here's one picture of me holding a pet while talking about a Owners pet responsibility to the Brownies!!.




This has been a fun time for me, too since I am able to talk about my platform, and being a former Girl scout myself I can relate to these young girls! We meet once a month with a different Brownie troups. Glad to be a part of this education program and looking forward to many more in the future!

1 comment:

Amy Allen said...

Congratulations, Jessica! I am sooo happy for you!