Friday, February 19, 2010

A Day of Play at the Toledo Humane Society

I spent my spare time today interviewing for the job at TAHS which I think went real well. Plus, discussed with the person in charge of the education department regarding getting involved in teaching responsible pet ownership to children. I have 2 camps that I am signed up for this summer already to be a teacher and working on other projects between now and then. This has a two-fold benefit as I can use this as an internship also which will count toward my Grad school application as well as promoting my Platform for Miss Ohio/America. I am sooooo EXCITED about this and now I need focus on finalizing some of the details of my activity booklet that is all about my Platform that I can share with the kids and hope to have completed and published by the time of the camps this summer. Somehow I will have something there even if its a photocopied pages. What a way to introduce my book at the kids camps. I hope I will have a local title and who knows maybe, Miss Ohio title when this happens. Being a Positive role model and promoting responsible pet ownership too! Only positive thoughts!!!

After all of the business details today I got to play!! with the Puppies and Kitties there. My favorite thing to do anyways! Its my stress outlet and I get a renewed spirit about things when I am there. I know I am doing the right thing with my platform when I am around the animals. The support from the TAHS and other volunteers and people there is amazing. I really appreciate the outpouring of support from everyone so..... Thank you.

Pics to follow.....

<3 jess

No comments: