Saturday, May 21, 2011

WOOD COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY WINE & CHEESE BENEFIT

Last night I was invited to attend the Wine & Cheese Benefit for WCHS. I had a fabulous time, I was given opportunity to speak about my title, my platform on PETS, and my volunteer work with the TAHS, and gave a little plug in there about my Benefit tomorrow too. I met Jerry Anderson of Channel 11 news, and many others. I also was approached by the DJ service if I do commercials and if I would be interested in being in a commercial for their business. Of course, I said yes to the invitation, why not? it would be fun and gives me more exposure.

Everyone enjoyed the festivities, there was wonderful display of cheese, fruit and vegetables plus some hors' duerves (spelling check) Plus a large selection of wines and drinks. I had a sprite, but mom did try a fabulous white wine called a Barefoot Moscato.

There was dancing which was a lot of fun. Plus a live auction as well as a silent auction. There were at least 50 silent auction items, and about 25 live auction items. Based on the donations they received I think the WCHS actually did very well with what was sold. Mom and I bid on 5 different things and won 4 of them. Someone cheated on the 5th item and wrote their number in after the silent auction was over and before the staff could pick up the tickets. Oh well, very pleased to be able to support the WCHS also with our donations to the silent auction.

Thanks to the Wood County Humane Society for allowing me to be a part of their event, and for an evening of fun and excitement raising money for our furry friends!

Pictures





No comments: