Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What's Up.........

Hello, sorry I haven't blogged in awhile but I have been very busy..... I enjoyed my few days away at Miss Ohio week competitions. It was really exciting watching the preliminary level and then being there for crowning our new Miss Ohio 2010 - Becky Minger. Congrats Becky you were so awesome all week! Also, Congrats to 1st RU Shannon O'Neill and 2nd RU - Marisa Buchheit, my Miss Maple City team!!! I'm so happy for you and so proud!! We, mom and I spent the week with friends in Columbus, Carrie and Eric which was a lot of fun, thanks guys!!

Well for most people, school has been out but not for me. I am taking summer classes this year Calculus 1 & 2. So, I just finished my first summer session of Calc 1 and now starting the second session of Calc 2 which will be over the first week of August. Just in time for Band camp to start at U of Toledo Rocket Marching Band. I am Section Leader for the Piccolo section so I will be busy this fall.

As for now, I am working this summer at Steak & Shake restaurant, trying to make as much money as I can before school starts because with school, marching band, and Kappa Kappa Psi I probably won't have time to do to much of anything else. Chemistry and Biology consume my life and free time does not exist because it is usually spent studying and studying and then more studying. I was elected Historian for Kappa Kappa Psi so I have to document everything the Fraternity does and scrapbook all the events by taking pictures etc. so that's going to keep me busy too.

In addition to work and school, I have been working on a fund raising Benefit for charity that hopefully will be all put together real soon. Plus, this is the month I will be doing an internship with the Toledo Humane Society, teaching at Summer camps for kids about being responsible pet owners which follows along with my Platform for Miss Ohio. So excited and can't wait!!

<3 Jess

No comments: